Monday, July 27, 2015

Cheers to ONE Year!


WOW! I can not believe it has already been a year. We have been through a lot together. A couple of moves to different cities, a name change, and a few hundred outfits. My blogger Babe from "Cristina on Campus" made a tag called the 365 TAG and you can click here to read her blogiversary post. This year has been so much fun and I cant wait for the next chapter!


3 favorite post...

1. I have to say some of my most heartfelt post are some of my most viewed. Last year I lost my childhood dog. She lived 17 years with us and I made a memorial post and asked my readers to give me some time off while I dealt with that. I got so many sweet emails about her being in a better place. I was so touched by everyone's kind words and sympathy. It really showed me how great the blogger community is. You can read that post here

2. I think two post that go hand in hand are my "Change." post and my "Plans for 2015." post. I had a rough school year. A lot happened that I would rather not talk about but I learned so much about myself that I feel like a completely different person. These post will always have a special place in my heart. They are a reminder of how life was before/during that hard time and how I want to constantly work towards happiness. 

3. My top viewed post was "A Night Off And A Pretty Dress..." A few weeks ago. I teamed up with a lovely girl named Cassie. She is a representative for my favorite boutique Riffraff. You can click the post to find her discount code! I love meeting new blogger babes and doing collab post. They are so much fun!


6 things I've learned...

1. If you want it to happen, make it happen. No one is going to make your blog for you (okay, someone might but let's be real lol). It takes time and a little dedication to make it all work. Your blog will be what you put into it. 

2. Plan ahead. I have caught myself going completely blank before and not knowing what to write. Some weeks I stay in Nike shorts and tshirts, the oh-so-fashionable college kid that I am. If you plan out your post, maybe even write them ahead of time, you can just log on and hit publish. Then your done for that day! 

3. Work with what you got. I started out without a lot of snapshot photos of my week and I didn't like where my blog was going. I still work with an iPhone camera (working on getting a update on that still) but, I've learned what are the best editing apps and exposure cameras to help increase the quality of my photos. I have also recruited my friends and family to take my photos so I can get full body. I mean look how good my dad did on these one year photos, am I right? 

4. Be original and try new things. I use to do a segment called "Who's That?" featuring different bloggers every Wednesday. It worked for awhile but I didn't have time to contact more people when school started. The point is I came up with my own content to produce. If you do something that no one else does, people will notice. 

5. Get connected. Don't be afraid of Internet friends. We are all here because we have a common passion. I love emailing and connecting with different bloggers. They are always there to lean on when you need help with your blog and support through anything.  

6. Never give up. I have taken LONG breaks from my blog before and that's okay. There will be days that you don't want to express yourself to strangers. It happens. Try to come back though. I promise someone is there reading. I went through a short phase where I thought "what's the point? I put in so much work to keep an online journal of my closet." Then I got a sweet email about how she missed my writing and where I got a j.crew top from a super old post. That's when I realized, someone is there.


5 things I'm looking forward to...

1. Growth. I have a lot of exciting things planned for Hey Sadie Lee. This year has taught me so much about blogging and I can't wait for so much more. I think as you learn more , it reflects on your blog. The attitude and passion that you put into it will shine through. I'm really exciting to get more organized and work on my consistency. 

2. More friends. I love all the people I have worked with, bloggers and companies included! This is one of the best communities I have been apart of and I thinking blogging itself is becoming bigger and bigger, which will mean more people. More people equals more friends!

3. Better pictures. The biggest fault in my blog is most likely my pictures. I want to get a better camera. So a better camera to make better pictures is hopefully in the future. For now we will stick with my dads fancy camera and my iPhone! 

4. More clothes. I think the best thing that has come from blogging my outfits is that I notice the type of clothing I put on my body. I have been able to watch my fashion develop and know what looks good on me. I use to hate online shopping because I was so afraid of buying something that I would be disappointed with later. Now I know what styles to shop for and my sizes. 

5. The next chapter. There is this feeling deep down in my gut that says this blog is a good thing. I know that the next chapter in life is going to hold a lot and I can not wait to see where this journey is going to take me. Fashion has always been such a big part of my life and I'm excited for the future.


My blogiversary did hit in the middle of finals week for summer school so this post is over due BUT, I had a lot of exciting things I wanted to include, such as, I now own the URL www.HeySadieLee.com and I have a new web design. I made a deal with myself if I kept the blog for a year, I can have the URL as a present. What should year two's present be? I hope you enjoyed my yearly wrap up and look around to see whats new here on HEY SADIE LEE! Thank you guys so much! I wouldn't be able to do this if it weren't for y'all! I can't wait to celebrate all the blogiversary birthdays ahead!

Always with love,
Sadie Lee

4 comments:

  1. Awesome post , beautiful outfit , great pictures as well , I love it. You look stunning , thanks for sharing!!!

    xxx

    www.noragouma.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and giving me a read!!

      Delete
  2. Congrats, sweetie! Thanks for your lovely words of advice. Very motivational.

    Hugs & Kisses
    Valentina | DAILY SUIT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing compares to this blogger community! I love it!

      Delete