Monday, July 14, 2014

RIP Star 1996-2014

Hey guys, 

just an update here on SDS - my childhood dog passed away this weekend. It was tough but we are slowly getting through it. 
This is a copy post from my instagram (@sadiebelle1621) / twitter (sadie1621)

"A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, big or small, young or old. He doesn't care if you're not smart, not popular, not a good joke-teller, not the best athlete, nor the best-looking person. To your dog, you are the greatest, the smartest, the nicest human being who was ever born. You are his friend and protector." -Louis Sabin 

They say that a dog is a man's best friend. Well I believe that our dog was so much more than a best friend. She was truly apart of the family. I can't say I remember the day they brought her home seeing I was only two but I do remember everything after that. She was always there to protect us, play with us, and eat our leftovers if we just couldn't bare to finish it. You were the alpha in the house. You made that clear when we brought Samson home. But you two soon became the best of friends and God had a plan in mind when he brought you together. You always got the first cut of turkey at thanksgiving and you got to open the first present on Christmas morning. You were the shinning STAR in our family. Which would make since seeing we got you on 4th of July - your name, Star, was only fitting. You were the best dog that we could have asked for to grow up with. Now that we are passing you on to run with Jesus I just want to thank you for all that you gave us; the love, comfort, protect, laughter, and constant memories. We have cherished the time we had with you. Can't wait til we meet again. But for now say hi to all of our friends; Goldie, Duke, Sebastian, and the whole gang. We see you again soon. I think you have left the family in good hands with your best friend, Samson. I know you are right by his side watching over the family. We love you. RIP Star 1997-2014
 
Please pray for our family. This has been a really hard and emotional loss. We know that it was for the 
best and she is now in no more pain but it doesn't make it any easier. Thank you to everyone who has been so supportive and loving towards me and my family. I know our puppy is running around in the heavens somewhere. 

Thanks for listening, bye ya'll! 
Sadie Lee  

No comments:

Post a Comment