Friday, July 25, 2014

Happiness Never Goes Out of Style!

TGIF; Thank Goodness It's Friday! Am I right? I started this week off sick and had to take a day off of work. Then the rest of the week felt like it was flipped upside down. I felt like I never knew what day it was! But once I got over my sickness I tried to recoup and get back into the swing of things. It's hard to force yourself into your routine when you have had a whole day of sleeping and netflix! I find that these things make me smile a little bright and gives an extra pep in my step to get me back to my life-loving happy self! 

1. Gold
Gold is my absolute favorite color. Some people say that's a little strange. But I don't think so! I would cover everything in gold plating if I could. I like to keep little trinkets on my desk just to bright up my room. I also have a ton of gold jewelry if you haven't noticed already! 

2. flowers 
I would take flowers over chocolate any day! I love the smell and all the different colors! I think flowers also really tie a room together. I use to put fake flowers in my room when I was younger because I could never keep real flowers alive! Oops...

3. New clothes 
There is no better feeling than putting on that brand new piece of clothing for the first time. I am the type of person that will buy something and find a reason to wear it that same day! I love the feeling of going out in new clothes. 

4. Snail mail 
I love getting emails and comments from people but snail mail is the way to my heart. I feel like when you take the time to hand write someone a letter than that truly means that you care about them. Also not a lot of people write letters anymore so it shows that you took time out of your day to think about them. 

6. Surprises 
This one should be a no-brainer, right? Who doesn't love surprises!

7. Long weekends 
Looking forward to a long weekend will always get you through the day! I love to plan fun things that I wouldn't normally get to do in two days. Like drive over to visit a friend I haven't seen in a while or go out somewhere I haven't been before. 

8. Sharing and receiving compliments 
This one sounds funny because obviously your happy when you get a compliment on that new outfit or how pretty your hair is today. But I love the smile that someone gets when you share a compliment with them. 

9. Dressing pretty 
I love to get all dressed up even if it just to go over to a friends house. I always feel more put together when I take the time to really get ready. Not just speed through it and put on a Tshirt/shorts and run out the door. Let's not forget, we all know I do love my spirit jerseys! 

10. Photos 
This should have been my number one happy item! To me when you take a picture you are freezing that moment in time. Almost always I can look at an album of photos and instantly be taking back in time. I remember what I was wearing, how I was feeling, and what it was like then. Photos keep me in my happy moments. 

These are just a few of my favorite things. What keeps you in your happy place? Did we have some of the same answers? Got any fun plans for this weekend?  

Thanks for listening, bye y'all! 
Sadie Lee 

No comments:

Post a Comment