Friday, August 7, 2015

Becoming a Blonde Belle!

Hey y'all!

So I have been avoiding outfit post because, I did the unthinkable. I went blonde! I have wanted this for a long time and I kept telling myself that a dark hair brunette could not go blonde. I did a lot of research before I went in. I found pictures, watched videos on people who have done it, talked to friends about it, looked up salons, and read a ton of articles. My mom always said if I really want something, I know everything about it by the end of the day. She was right! A friend of mine recommended a salon in town. I am no profession. What worked for me may not work for you. This is just my hair journey.

A little background on my hair. I had a natural ombre look from sun and chlorine that made the ends of my hair seem blonde. I dyed the ends an auburn color to cancel out the blonde.


Here is the 1st process of dying my hair. I told my stylist I wanted an ashy blonde color with "grown out roots" because I didn't want to dye my eyebrows. Fair warning: There will be a yellow-orange color stage to it if you have any red pigment (natural or dyed) in your hair. Purple shampoo or a toner process will help but do your research!




I used the Matrix So Silver Shampoo every day until my next appointment (total of 5 days). I also tried the John Frieda Sheer Blonde Color Renew Shampoo. The Matrix seemed to dry my hair out more than the John Frieda. I used the Matrix Total Results Color Care Conditioner after each shampoo treatment. Then I would use the L'oreal Total Repair 5 Damage-Erasing Balm deep conditioning every night before bed. My stylist suggested this because bleach does damage your hair and with my appointments less than a week apart I need the extra love and care. I left this in for 15-20 mins. I love this product so much and it definitely helped! This photo is taken the morning before my 2nd coloring. You can tell it is a little more golden than orange. 


Here is the 2nd process. The color was so much better after this appointment! I told her I wanted a more cool / neutral tone to it and not so many warm tones. I also wanted more blonde at the top and less brown roots. There are some orange-y tones where the recently dyed blonde is. She did a blonde light balayage with a ashy brown color. My salon did just get Olaplex in. This is made to protect your hair from serious breakage when going from dark to light. After the Olaplex treatment, all the stylist where coming over to feel my hair and take pictures. I think it turned out great! It blends really well and there is plenty of dimension to it. 




The dark roots blend into the blonde easily and allows me to not dye my eyebrows (big plus in my book)! I have always had the same haircut with the same brown tones. I just wanted to change it up. Again, this is just how my journey went. No hair is the same and always do your research before making any decisions. Now, let's see if blondes really do have more fun!



Always with love, 
Sadie Lee

5 comments:

  1. You look so gorgeous with blonde hair!

    Agne | Classyflow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you look awesome with blonde hair! My best friend used to be a dark-ashy brunette, bu totally went blonde and she loved it! Your transformation turned out just lovely :)

    thesixthdisneyprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I was so nervous! I had to keep telling myself "It's just hair" and I can always dye it back! lol

      Delete
  3. Thank you! Just dying to be a beautiful blonde like you!

    ReplyDelete